Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Linguine con aglio e olio d'oliva

I have been eating what my family calls "oil pasta" for as long as I can remember, from Christmas Eve's Feast of the Seven Fishes with all of my Grandpa Blogna's family, to learning things to cook for when I moved out to NYC . It's a recipe I learned from my mom, who learned it from my dad's mom, who learned it from grandpa's mom (my great-grandma Helen Blogna-maiden name Porrini). I don't even have this recipe written down anywhere, I just know how to make it-so bear with me on this recipe. It's basically just linguine with olive oil that is cooked with garlic-it's Italian name is linguine con aglio e olio d'oliva (linguine with garlic and olive oil). It is extremely good, easy to make, and goes great with a lot of different things, or used in different variations. And-BONUS-it makes my hands smell like garlic!

Linguine con aglio e olio d'oliva "Oil Pasta"
Linguine con aglio e olio d'oliva "Oil Pasta"

Ingredients:
  • Linguine (from a box, homemade, whatever your preference)
  • olive oil
  • 2 large-ish cloves of garlic
Preparation:
  • Prepare linguine according to box instructions, or however you normally would.
  • While the linguine is cooking, heat olive oil (guestimate about how much you feel you would want/need for the amount of pasta) with garlic cloves (whole or cut into slivers as I like to) in a small saucepan on low heat. If the oil starts to bubble and the garlic starts to sizzle either lower heat or take it off it completely. Do this for about the amount of time the linguine needs-around 7 minutes or so. You may then (if you wish) discard the pieces of garlic.
  • Drain pasta and put back into pot or into dish. Pour oil over pasta gradually, mixing it to ensure it is evenly covered.
  • Plate the linguine and top with Romano cheese. (This linguine is also really delicious with chicken mixed in)
Classic, simple, and deceptively fantastic!
Print Friendly and PDF
I love it when you try & want to share recipes you found here! Please just rewrite in your own words, use your own photos, & always link back to me! Thanks!

About Me

Search

Featured Post

Paleo Chocolate Chunk Blondies

Archives

Grab a Button!



Designed By:

Designed by MunchkinLand Designs --With elements by Hey Hey Designs
Kayle Blogna. Powered by Blogger.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved