Monday, June 6, 2011

"Eat This" Chicken Fingers

I'm a simple lady with simple tastes. I don't usually want anything to do with frou-frou dishes (except for some select desserts), and really, I probably have the palate of a 5 year old. But gosh darn it I'm going to make the best immature food I can! Anywhozzle (yes, that's a word, I said so), I subscribe to Eat This, Not That's emails, which are actually some very realistic, and awesome tips for anyone just trying to make healthier choices. They also have these great "Cook This, Not That" articles, giving recipes for healthy versions of your favorite things you can cook at home. I LOVE these chicken fingers. They are also something you can tweak around if you feel like it. It's just a great, simple, yummy recipe that adults and children and adults-who-eat-like-children alike will love :)

"Eat This" Chicken Fingers

"Eat This" Chicken Fingers
(disregard the pizza. That's a slice of Amy's Organic that went splendidly with the chicken.)

250 calories per serving (makes about 4 servings)


Ingredients:
  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenders (I suggest of the free range/organic variety)
  • Salt and pepper (use your judgement. But take my advice, don't over-do the pepper. I had a bad experience)
  • Egg whites, beaten (about 2 eggs)
  • Panko breadcrumbs (start with 1 cup and add more if needed)
Preparation:
  • Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
  • Put egg whites in 1 bowl, and breadcrumbs in another bowl.
  • Season chicken, put in egg whites, then toss in breadcrumbs, coat fully.
  • Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
  • Place chicken tenders on sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, until breadcrumbs have browned some and chicken is firm.
(You know the deal. I'm not getting paid for naming any product and company names, I'm just telling you what I know. As always, thank you)
Print Friendly and PDF
I love it when you try & want to share recipes you found here! Please just rewrite in your own words, use your own photos, & always link back to me! Thanks!

About Me

Search

Featured Post

Paleo Chocolate Chunk Blondies

Archives

Grab a Button!



Designed By:

Designed by MunchkinLand Designs --With elements by Hey Hey Designs
Kayle Blogna. Powered by Blogger.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved