Breaded Crispy Chicken
From How Sweet It Is
- 2 chicken breasts (I made 3, make as many chicken as you want, just alter this recipe as needed)
- 1/3 cup oats, blended in a food processor
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (preferably whole wheat...shh...mine aren't....I bought the wrong kind...oops)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- S&P to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Put skillet on med-high heat and add olive oil.
- Mix oat flour and S&P in one bowl, put egg(s) in another bowl, and breadcrumbs in a 3rd bowl.
- Dredge chicken in oat flour, then dip in egg(s), then breadcrumbs. Brown each side of chicken in a skillet (use your judgement).
- Bake in oven, covered, for 15-20 minutes.
This is Michael's plate....I lost my battle with green things that day...but I haven't lost the war yet...