Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Brown Sugar Roasted Chicken- Michael's birthday dinner!

Figuring out what to make for Michael's birthday dessert was easy. The dinner was a bit more of a challenge. All he said was "Just, nothing that has any Italian seasonings". So...I sort of decided to wing it. He supplied that corn and rolls would be good, and when I suggested I try making roast chicken (like I've made previously from a Just Chicken Pot Pie recipe) with a brown sugar covering, he was up for it. It was a success! It was moist, and subtly sweet. Next time I'll probably put the brown sugar mixture on top and bottom because Michael said it was a bit too subtle. Overall, though, it was really tasty and a great departure from what I usually make. :)

Brown Sugar Roasted Chicken

Cooking Actress original. Referencing How Sweet it Is and  Heat Oven to 350 for inspiration.

Brown Sugar Roasted Chicken

Ingredients:
  • Chicken breasts (or probably whichever chicken parts you prefer)
  • Softened butter (guesstimate how much)
  • Brown sugar (again, guesstimate)
  • Optional: pepper, to taste.
Preparation:
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  • Pat chicken dry.
  • Mix brown sugar and softened butter together in a bowl.
  • Spread the brown sugar mixture on the chicken (I just did the top half this time, but Michael requested next time I spread it on the entire chicken piece)
  • Season with pepper, if desired.
  • Place in a roasting pan.
  • Cook 35 minutes.
Brown Sugar Roasted Chicken
 The pre-cooked chicken. The brown sugar mixture reminded me of chocolate chip cookie dough, it took everything I had to put it on the chicken instead of in my mouth.

Print Friendly and PDF
I love it when you try & want to share recipes you found here! Please just rewrite in your own words, use your own photos, & always link back to me! Thanks!

About Me

Search

Featured Post

Paleo Chocolate Chunk Blondies

Archives

Grab a Button!



Designed By:

Designed by MunchkinLand Designs --With elements by Hey Hey Designs
Kayle Blogna. Powered by Blogger.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved