Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Me, in my amazing apron I got for my birthday from Mama Maria. Ready to start cooking!
One of the mini apple pies I made for Michael (recipe to follow)
My 3 pumpkin pies (1 has a homemade crust...guess which?  Homemade crust recipe to follow as well.)
I've had like....a lot of these. And that's a piece with the homemade crust, for the record.


We watched Shrek movies (mostly in the background) all day.
Cooking!
Michael really wanted to mash the smashed potatoes. So he did. 
Opening the oven to check on the turkey.
Turkey breasts all done!
The man, doing the "carving".
I made the gravy while Michael messed with the turkey.
Dinner!
Smashed potatoes and gravy (in a jar...yes. It was easier to pour that way)
Turkey, applesauce, and corn.
Michael's dinner.
My dinner.

I have a lot to be thankful for. I'm able to live doing what I am passionate about. I have a great apartment. I get to live with and am so incredibly in love with my Michael. I have great family and friends. And I have this blog, and any of you who are nice enough to read it. Things don't always go as planned in life (like the fact that my friend Brandon last minute could not come so--no cranberry sauce or rolls, and I now have to eat 3 pumpkin pies all by myself), but I can never let myself forget how fortunate I am. And I can be thankful that I had a wonderful day with my boyfriend and we got to eat great food-and will continue to eat it for weeks to come! :P

So to all of you from me:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
Print Friendly and PDF
I love it when you try & want to share recipes you found here! Please just rewrite in your own words, use your own photos, & always link back to me! Thanks!

About Me

Search

Featured Post

Paleo Chocolate Chunk Blondies

Archives

Grab a Button!



Designed By:

Designed by MunchkinLand Designs --With elements by Hey Hey Designs
Kayle Blogna. Powered by Blogger.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved