Friday, April 13, 2012

Boozy Brownies

Boozy Brownies
I've previously mentioned that for my "survival job" I am a promotional model-and I largely do liquor promotions. For once, I brought my work home with me. One day I was doing a tasting for the, newly released, Patron XO Cafe Dark Cocoa Coffee Liqueur with dark chocolate and made with Patron Silver tequila. As I was giving recommendations to consumers for what they could use the liqueur for, I had an epiphany! 
Boozy Brownies
Brownies.

I had seen a million chocolate recipes (cake, brownies, etc.) that had some coffee added, just to intensify the chocolate flavor. And I knew I'd seen brownie recipes with liquor in them before. So, I decided, then and there, I was going to make brownies using Patron XO Cafe Dark Cocoa.
I told everyone I spoke with that day. They were all very jealous. They wanted me to bring them those brownies.
Boozy Brownies
If I have any leftovers from my tasting (unless there's a lot left), I'm able to bring the alcohol home with me. I usually don't-I don't drink, so why bother? But this time I made an exception. That night, I looked and found the recipe I wanted to use and adapt (I knew there would be no recipe specifically for this, as it was a brand new drink). The next day-I made these brownies. They are super gooey, quite sweet, and there's just a little something extra given to them by the XO Cafe Dark Cocoa. You can use any liqueur you fancy in these, have fun with it! Try not to eat the brownie batter, though, you won't be able to stop, and then you'll be drunk. And I assume baking + drunk do not mix well.


Boozy Brownies

Adapted from How Sweet's Bailey's Brownies, which are adapted from the same brownies as these.


Boozy Brownies
 Ingredients:
  • 1 stick unsalted butter
  • 3 oz. chocolate of your choice (anything from unsweetened to semi-sweet would work)
  • 2 cups granulated sugar (this is very sweet, you can reduce sugar if you like)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup flour (I used all-purpose. Maybe whole wheat would work?)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup liqueur of choice (I used Patron XO Cafe Dark Cocoa. You can also use Bailey's or whatever else you think would taste good!)
Preparation:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Melt butter and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Cream the melted chocolate/butter mixture.
  • Add sugar and vanilla and beat until "fluffy" (about 2 minutes).
  • Beat in eggs, one at a time.
  • Add flour and stir until just combined.
  • Stir in liqueur.
  • Pour into a greased baking dish (you can use 9 x 13 or 10 x 10, or some other size-use your judgement)
  • Bake 35-45 minutes, until just barely done.
Boozy Brownies
EXTRA boozy gooey-ness 
Linking up here.
Print Friendly and PDF
I love it when you try & want to share recipes you found here! Please just rewrite in your own words, use your own photos, & always link back to me! Thanks!

About Me

Search

Featured Post

Paleo Chocolate Chunk Blondies

Archives

Grab a Button!



Designed By:

Designed by MunchkinLand Designs --With elements by Hey Hey Designs
Kayle Blogna. Powered by Blogger.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved