Monday, June 11, 2012

Butter Biscuits


Butter Biscuits
Yay! Another Monday morning breakfast recipe!
I'm so happy this Monday. (I don't have a normal job so...Mondays don't have the same sadness for me as most). I worked a lot last week, which was great and all, but...I'm so happy to be able to do my house-wifey* duties today and other days this week. I'm going to go grocery shopping! I'm going to cook! And bake! And clean! And do laundry! (and sit and write blog posts and watch a lot of TV...)
*even though I'm totally not even married yet. Whatevs.
Anyway! About these biscuits...
This is one of my FAVORITES, I've made it a few times already since discovering it. These biscuits are genius. GENIUS I say! They are big and fluffy, and taste so buttery you really don't need to put anything on them (and this is coming from a gal who enjoys herself some butter). It's so interesting because, generally, when it comes to biscuits you want tiny little pieces of cold butter in the dough to create pockets which make them fluffy when they bake and melt and stuff. But with these biscuits you make a completely butter-less dough, and then have all of it sit in a baking pan full of melted butter. I'm no scientist, so I don't know why this works-I only know that it does! PLUS-the whole process of the melted butter baking in the oven also seems to brown some of it, so then we also get that delicious browned butter flavor we all love. This recipe is so quick, so easy, and so crazy delicious, I know it's going to be one of your favorites too!

Butter Biscuits


Butter Biscuits
 Ingredients:
  • 1 stick unsalted butter
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 4 tsp. granulated sugar
  • 4 tsp. baking powder
  • 2 tsp. kosher salt
  • 1 3/4 cup buttermilk (can use regular milk, but since it's thinner you'll need to use less. Start by adding 1 cup and add more as needed)
Preparation:

Butter Biscuits
  • Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
  • Spray an 8" square baking pan with non-stick spray.
  • In a microwave safe bowl (or baking pan if it's micro-safe) melt 1 stick of butter OR melt butter in the oven in the baking dish. Once butter is melted, just make sure it ends up in the prepped baking pan.
  • In a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
  • Pour in milk and stir until it forms a loose, sticky dough.
  • Press dough into baking dish that has melted butter in it. You will probably need to use your hands to evenly press it in. There might be butter still coming up on top of the dough-that's fine.
  • Use a hot, sharp, knife to cut the dough into 9 squares.
  • Bake 10 minutes. Rotate the pan. Bake 10-15 more minutes. If at any point while baking the butter is bubbling and browning, just use a paper towel to dab it up. (This will almost definitely happen, just check on it frequently and dab away!)
  • Biscuits are done when golden brown and spring back from touch.
Butter Biscuits
  • Serve with butter, jam, or just by themselves! (They taste so buttery-I don't need to add any butter!)
Butter Biscuits
In the words of my future daughter Agnes (from Despicable Me): "IT'S SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE!"
Print Friendly and PDF
I love it when you try & want to share recipes you found here! Please just rewrite in your own words, use your own photos, & always link back to me! Thanks!

About Me

Search

Featured Post

Paleo Chocolate Chunk Blondies

Archives

Grab a Button!



Designed By:

Designed by MunchkinLand Designs --With elements by Hey Hey Designs
Kayle Blogna. Powered by Blogger.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved