Saturday, July 7, 2012

Something Saturdays 7/7/12

We're gonna try a new thing over here at The Cooking Actress!
What is that thing?
...Something.
These Saturdays will be, in addition to a round up of all my posts from the week (in case ya missed something), also just a time and space for me to share anything/everything that is on my mind that day. These posts may not all have the same components. Some stuff may be random. But, I'm gonna ask that you join me on this little journey, because I think it might be fun-k? K :).



First piece of business: I was given The Addictive Blog Award by BinomialBaker! I am super honored to be thought of as "addicting"! Here are 'le rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back.

2. Share a little bit about why you started blogging.

3. Copy and paste the award to your blog.

4. Nominate 10 other Addictive bloggers and let them know!

THANK YOU BINOMIAL BAKER! And-I started blogging because I was (and am) entirely addicted to food blogs. And then I started taking photos of some of the stuff I made from them. Then I started sharing on facebook. And...I had the time, I was bored-living with roommates who hated me, so I decided to take the plunge. I never thought this would turn out as well as it has and I am super thankful every day that any of you crazy people read what I have to say!

Now, here are my 10 nominees for The Addictive Blog Award:



Posts from this week
Gervasi Vineyard Review


Recipes from the blog that I made this week
Simple Biscuits
Cream of Chicken Soup
Two Ingredient Ice Cream (which I make a lot)--Flavor: Strawberry & Chocolate Chips


Recent links bookmarked (visit my Pinterest for more)
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes

Umm...I want. Tomorrow for breakfast. I won't make them, but I'll wish I did until the day I finally do. *sigh*
Chocolate Truffle Tart with Chocolate Glaze
I want to dive headfirst into this baby.
Like healthier little cheez-its!
He freaked out when he saw this. I then had to break the news to the poor fella that we don't have popsicle molds yet.


Movies/TV Talk
OK...I saw Magic Mike while I was in Ohio with my mom and my best friend, Alex. Don't judge me. Ladies-you all know you all want to go see it. Michael was slightly indignant, saying if he were seeing a movie about female strippers I wouldn't be OK with it--but, Magic Mike is a comedy. And...ya know...whatever. Anyway the movie: I mean....you get what you came for (except there are boobs in it and I'm like, "we're not here for the boobs!"...hm...unless there are bi people in the audience, then I suppose they'd appreciate the change in scenery....anyway). You see some of the best looking guys in Hollywood dancing around, virtually always with no shirts, and there are a lot of butts. One thing that disappointed me was how small some of the actors' roles ended up being (I wanted to see a lot more of Joe Manganiello and Matt Bomer! Wait...that came out wrong...like...more from them, of their characters...not like...you know...their...bodies...) Also, there was sort of a story line/plot, but I felt like it was sort of weak and started to nearly dissipate towards the end. That said--at least it had a plot. Also, I strongly dislike Alex Pettyfer. I disliked him before and now I dislike him worse. Oh and Channing Tatum can dance. But that's old news :P I actually watched the YouTube video of him in his real stripping days and he used some of those moves in the movie! It was weeeird! So...I'm still terrified of male strippers. Like in real life. I don't want anyone grinding their junk up in my face. But...Magic Mike was pretty darn good. Not sure I'll ever watch it again (if I were single perhaps this would be a different story), but I'm glad I saw it once. As my friend Alex said, "That was worth $9." What do you guys think? Have you seen Magic Mike yet? Do you want to? Discuss! :P
Print Friendly and PDF
I love it when you try & want to share recipes you found here! Please just rewrite in your own words, use your own photos, & always link back to me! Thanks!

About Me

Search

Featured Post

Paleo Chocolate Chunk Blondies

Archives

Grab a Button!



Designed By:

Designed by MunchkinLand Designs --With elements by Hey Hey Designs
Kayle Blogna. Powered by Blogger.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved