Wednesday, August 29, 2012

S'mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

S'mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
I love s'mores.

A LOT.
Always have.

You see, me and s'mores go way back.
I may seem like I'm not much of a country girl but that's just because...well...
I'm not.

But I was raised as one. Went camping all the time. Learned how to bait my own hook (fishing) when I was 6. Had frequent bonfires in my backyard. One of the only fond camping/bonfire memories I have is of s'mores. Oooh I waited for the s'mores all day long, like they were my reward for dealing with all the dirt and bugs and allergy attacks. It was all worth it to have a delicious sandwich of golden toasted marshmallows, rich, gooey chocolate, and crisp, wonderful graham crackers. Like nirvana. The one downside to s'mores is how messy they are. In a perfect world, I like to have 2 marshmallows for 1 s'more. This, however, results in globs of marshmallow ending up on my face, shirt, hands, hair, etc. Immediately following my s'mores binges, I was always rushed towards the nearest sink to rinse off all the residue. 

Totally worth it.

S'mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
I initially saw Picky Palate's recipe for s'mores stuff cookies awhile ago, towards the beginning of my blog-y days. Michael's distaste for s'mores kept me from making them. But they were never far from my thoughts. Then, when I found this recipe, I couldn't wait. They had taken Picky Palate's idea and just...made it...even more AWESOME! Not only are these cookies stuffed with s'mores, but they are GIANT cookies stuffed with s'mores. And the cookie dough recipe is phenomenal. You can totally use whatever cookie dough recipe you like, but I loved this one. Super-dy duper-dy delicious. The only downside? Not ENOUGH s'more! I'm thinking the way to fix this is to make the cookies not quite so big--so, like, use the method outlined by Picky Palate, but use the cookie dough recipe of Smells Like Home. The recipe that follows is for the giant cookies, but you could easily just make more little s'mores and use less cookie dough for each cookie. You'll figure it out. You're smart. Or, you could just eat the giant cookie. It's pretty amazinggg.

S'mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies


S'mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 4 giant cookies.
((You can easily make these smaller by using less cookie dough on each cookie, and keep making more little s'mores until you run out of dough.))
Ingredients:
  • 8 graham cracker square halves (1 1/2" x 3" pieces, if using homemade cut to fit)
  • 4 marshmallows, snipped in half lengthwise
  • 12 little Hershey blocks (1 bar), or enough chocolate to cover graham cracker
  • 1 batch of chocolate chip cookie dough, room temperature
Cookie Dough-
  • 2 cups + 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 12 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg + 1 yolk
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preparation:
Cookie Dough-
  • Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
  • In a large bowl beat butter and sugars until fluffy.
  • Beat eggs and vanilla into the sugar mixture.
  • Beat in dry ingredients on low speed until just combined-it will be lumpy.
  • Stir in chocolate chips
Assembly-
S'mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. 
  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  • Lay 2 graham cracker halves on each sheet, top with enough chocolate to cover, then 2 marshmallow halves side by side. Lay another graham cracker half on top of each.
  • Place a large ball of cookie dough on the top and bottom of the s'more, and use additional dough to completely wrap around it, creating a large cookie mound.
  • Space the cookies at least 4 in. apart (2 on each sheet), and bake on the middle rack of the oven 20-24 minutes, until lightly browned on the edges and tops.
  • Place cookie sheets on wire racks and cool at least 5 minutes. 
  • Transfer cookies to the racks and cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
S'mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
*dies of happiness*

Print Friendly and PDF
I love it when you try & want to share recipes you found here! Please just rewrite in your own words, use your own photos, & always link back to me! Thanks!

About Me

Search

Featured Post

Paleo Chocolate Chunk Blondies

Archives

Grab a Button!



Designed By:

Designed by MunchkinLand Designs --With elements by Hey Hey Designs
Kayle Blogna. Powered by Blogger.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved