Wednesday, May 22, 2013

BBQ Potatoes

BBQ Potatoes
It's always a happy day when Michael turns to me, after trying a new recipe, and says,
"I like these. You can make these again."

Oh I can?
Thanks babe.
BBQ Potatoes
I really can never have enough potato recipes. 

Potatoes are my friends (but not in a Finding Nemo "fish are friends not food" kind of way. Potatoes are most certainly food.) What makes these so cool is:
1. You can make them on a grill if you are so inclined and oh hey summer is nearly upon us!
2. They are cooked in broth, which makes them incredibly tender and taste ohh so rich and good.
3. You literally put slabs of butter on top of them prior to cooking. Uhh yeah.

So you should eat em. Maybe grill some steak too. Be a meat and potatoes guy/gal like me. All the cool kids are doing it.

I'm gonna have to cut this lil post-y short now because I have to go strap on my fake baby belly to play a woman who's 8 months pregnant in a feature I'm filming.

HOW FUN IS THAT!? :P


BBQ Potatoes

Slightly adapted from Kayotic Kitchen

BBQ Potatoes
Ingredients:
  • Approximately 1 and 1/2 lbs. potatoes (washed and peeled)
  • 1 garlic clove, grated or 1/4-1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • chicken or vegetable broth
  • tiny slabs of butter
  • minced parsley
  • salt and pepper
Preparation:
  • Using a Big Green Egg/grill or an ovenproof dish/oven (I used a 10 in. cast iron skillet), preheat to 350 degrees. 
  • If using a BGE, place whole potatoes snugly in. If using an oven, cut potatoes into smaller pieces and then fit snuggly together in the dish. 
  • Add garlic to broth and heat for 1 minute. Pour over the potatoes until the dish/BGE is filled about 1 inch.
  • Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper. Place tiny slabs of butter on top of each potato.
  • Bake 35-45 minutes, until tender.
  • Sprinkle finished potatoes with parsley.
BBQ Potatoes
Pretty pretty potatoes.
Print Friendly and PDF
I love it when you try & want to share recipes you found here! Please just rewrite in your own words, use your own photos, & always link back to me! Thanks!

About Me

Search

Featured Post

Paleo Chocolate Chunk Blondies

Archives

Grab a Button!



Designed By:

Designed by MunchkinLand Designs --With elements by Hey Hey Designs
Kayle Blogna. Powered by Blogger.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved