Monday, July 25, 2011

Crock-Pot Chicken

Here is the post to finish out that teaser I gave you guys. This was the main dish that I served with those mouthwatering cheddar biscuits (weren't those great?). I'd been wanting to make this for a long time-I mean....slow cooked chicken, there's nothing to not like there really, especially because it pretty much just requires putting stuff in the crock-pot and then walking away for 8 hours. The only thing that kept me from making them? The recipe calls for white wine. Here's a little thing about me: I don't drink (alcohol) at all. Ever. And, neither does Michael. So, sorry guys, you won't be able to get any fun margarita recipes, etc. here (but check out some of the awesome people on my blogroll, they make some great stuff). Anyway, I didn't want to get an entire bottle of white wine just to use 1/2 a cup for this recipe. Ironically, my day job is doing liquor promotions, so I've been learning more about this stuff I don't drink, and I learned-you can buy small bottles. So I did. And this turned out great. I might try it with chicken broth next time though, the acidity of the alcohol was a bit much with certain bites. I'll let you know how that idea pans out :) (It turned out great--that's how I always make this now)

Crock-pot Chicken


Crock-Pot Chicken

Ingredients:
  • 3 split chicken breast halves (approx. 3 lbs)
  • 2 russet potatoes-peeled and cut into chunks
  • 4 ribs celery, cut into chunks (I omitted these...I just didn't feel like spending the money)
  • 4 carrots, cut into chunks
  • Salt, pepper, and other seasonings to taste
  • 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
Preparation:
  • Place veggies in bottom of the crock-pot. Season.
  • Remove skin from chicken breasts and place on top of the vegetables. Season.
  • Pour white wine over all.
  • Sprinkle thyme (I didn't have it so I used some "Italian seasonings" I had) on top of chicken.
  • Cover with lid and cook (on low on my slow cooker) for 8 hours-165 degrees inside the chicken.
  • Serve!
Crock-Pot Chicken
That's chicken-y goodness right there.


Print Friendly and PDF
I love it when you try & want to share recipes you found here! Please just rewrite in your own words, use your own photos, & always link back to me! Thanks!

About Me

Search

Featured Post

Paleo Chocolate Chunk Blondies

Archives

Grab a Button!



Designed By:

Designed by MunchkinLand Designs --With elements by Hey Hey Designs
Kayle Blogna. Powered by Blogger.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved