Saturday, August 4, 2012

Something Saturdays (8/4/12)

Hello friends!
I'm super lonely right now.
Michael's in Ohio for a friend's wedding, and I had to stay here to work, so you all will have to keep me company, k?
Since he's not here to listen to me ramble, you'll all have to fill that role.

I have a new obsession.
OBSESSSSSED.

Whoever this Amy Mebberson is...I love her. She has a collection of tons of art works (that she makes) that take all your favorite stuff from your childhood...and sometime mashes them together. My favorite is her "Pocket Princesses" series. She draws the Disney Princesses doing hilarious things together. Seriously. Check it out. Giggle for hours. She totally understands their personalities and it's so fun to see them interacting with their fellow princesses!

Also...I did something crazy on Thursday. Don't hate me. But...I had some leftover chocolate chip cookies that I'm not in love with. I wanted to do something to them to make them taste more interesting. So I did this:
Oh yes...I did.
These aren't really a recipe, so I'll just sum up how you make these:
  1. Take a cookie.
  2. Place marshmallows on top.
  3. Put under a broiler.
  4. Keep a close eye on it, and remove when marshmallows are golden brown.
  5. Place a 2nd cookie on top.
  6. EAT!
Um....yeah. Exactly. Amazing. I don't know how I'll ever eat these cookies plain again. I apologize for the fact that I've undoubtedly ruined whatever your immediate plans were, because obviously you're running off to do this. I cannot blame you.




Posts from this week
Recipes from the blog that I made this week
Chicken in Parchment Paper
Recent links bookmarked (visit my Pinterest for more)
Ricotta Gnocchi (Katherine Martinelli)
Apparently an easy recipe if you're a beginner with making pasta--and it's ricotta gnocchi. I LOVE ricotta.
Yum. Yum. Yum. YUM!
More chicken :D
Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Pie (Chelsea's Culinary Indulgence)
I'm making this for Michael next week. I have a bunch of Greek yogurt I need to use before it goes bad!
Potato Cake (Home Cooking Adventures)
I'm a big fan of potatoes.


Movies/TV Talk
Like nearly everyone else in the world, I'm totally in love with The Hunger Games books. Since I'm broke, I wasn't able to see The Hunger Games movie until recently. I was very pleased-obviously it wasn't perfect, books-->movies rarely/never are. Overall, though, I thought they did a great job of bringing the book to life, and I really liked the casting. Now, I can't wait for Catching Fire. I'm watching the casting like a hawk, I can't wait to see who's going to play all these characters that I adore! So far-I'm psyched. I love who they're casting. I cannot cannot CANNOT WAIT! EEEEEE!
Michael just finished the first book and is starting on Catching Fire, it's so fun to talk to him about it.

...and now I miss him :(. *sigh* I'm pathetic.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!!! :)
Print Friendly and PDF
I love it when you try & want to share recipes you found here! Please just rewrite in your own words, use your own photos, & always link back to me! Thanks!

About Me

Search

Featured Post

Paleo Chocolate Chunk Blondies

Archives

Grab a Button!



Designed By:

Designed by MunchkinLand Designs --With elements by Hey Hey Designs
Kayle Blogna. Powered by Blogger.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved